Saturday, October 9, 2010

rice chimneys of egypt

Here I am back to Cairo again and what hits me it's been one year is the smell of rice clouds. Here in this country the fellaheen (farmers) burn the rice shells to get rid of them. What a great way to add variety to the same old traffic smog.

Yes it's been exactly one year from the time I first came to this country and I can't help but feel nostalgic. I miss that feeling of coming to a new country, the weather is beautiful, the language is so foreign and familiar at the same time, and I'm excited. I'm sitting on the balcony of my newly rented apartment drinking tea and writing. The next day I'm supposed to go sandboarding in the desert and did I say the weather was beautiful?

It's that time of the year when the farmers are burning the shells of the rice harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment