Thursday, October 28, 2010

la cueva de los peces

 
One of my favorite stops in Cuba, in the south of the island at Playa Larga just before Playa Giron where the infamous Bay of Pigs invasion started. I was determined to continue my scuba diving adventure, making up for lost time, 12 years to be precise. After my ear forced me to cease diving except for snorkelling, I needed a place like Cuba to convince me to give it one more try. Nothing happened, so I kept going deeper. Like having coffee with a friend after years of not seeing each other, I felt at ease and enjoyed it more and more. It was as if I hadn't stopped at all. I dissappeared below the surface and the sound of the bubbles coming out of the regulator were so familiar.

My best dive happened in a cave. Where most people could feel claustrophobic, I felt euphoric. It was as if I was swimming in the Grand Canyon, only both walls were much closer, I was 30m underwater and the the formations were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment