Saturday, October 2, 2010

another barbecue day

 
Brussels welcomes me with mixed feelings. I like change, but this city has too many memories for me. As I'm driving to friends' house, even the music is too familiar.

Pardon, bakar mısınız ?
Tanış mıydık ?

I'm having the third barbecue in a week and it's good to be in the company of friends. But somehow, the song keeps playing in my head.

Gözünüz öyle uzak bakmasa
Sizi tanıdıgıma yemin ederim

We continue into the night at a restaurant. After the barbecue, there's no way I can eat anything else here, but the conversation is great and lion's milk is abundunt. I finish the night with the now very familiar Moroccan mint tea. I remember the box of tea which is a present from friends I made in Fes and I even have the whole tea set somewhere in a box. As I'm going to sleep, the song finally starts to quiet down.

Peki bu şarkıyı hatırlar mısınız ?

And I realize that I'm beginning to forget this song. I've found my new apartment in a new neighborhood, already started meeting new people in the few days I've spent here and I can't find any reason to look back or play old songs anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment