Monday, February 1, 2010

koshari sauce

now, I have to tell you there's nothing like some hot koshari sauce to raise your taste buds from sleep... they warned me about it. my friends did, my driver in my first days in egypt, even the policeman at the passport control made me promise not to eat it, but I couldn't resist the temptation. I first started pouring a lick of it, then it was half the plastic container, and finally I was dumping the whole thing in. That heaven like feeling that makes you want to smile and cry at the same time (ok, I think here I have too much hot sauce diffused in my brain cells) while I ate the people's food in Egypt. I saw the shopkeepers eat this in between our negotiations, the esnaf food. I bought my tesbih
as the seller was receiving his koshari, a mixture of carbonhydrates and protein in the form of lentils, spagetti, pasta, rice, onions, vermicelli, and of course the hot sauce...

3 comments:

  1. Canimi istettin. Internetten baktim. Usunmedim yaptim. Cok sahane oldu. Makarna ve nohut yoktu benim tarifte ama. Bir dahaki sefere senden orjinalinin tarifini alirim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. husocan, gel buraya aslindan yiyelim diyecem ama bir sure seyahat yok size. artik gelip orda yapacagiz...

    ReplyDelete