Thursday, February 4, 2010

El-Brince

We've been talking about going to this local restaurant for so long that it kind of turned into a joke after a while to say "so when are we going to brince?" El-Brince is actually The Prince, but since p is pronounced b in Arabic, we have the local pronunciation become the written form just like it writes "5 min rob jumping" on my training schedule in the local gym. El-Brince is the meat place from lamb, egyptian sosis, liver to all kinds of crazy stuff. The liver which I always stay away from was actually delicious. The sosis was great. My friends' dishes tasted pretty good. My lamb was a little to fatty for my taste. We finished the night sitting at a local cafe outside drinking our tea with mint leaves. The street was like a carnival, a never-ending mixture of honks and shouts with tok toks maneuvering around microbuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment