Friday, January 1, 2010

The first photo

I was thinking about starting this blog the last couple of days. I even took photos just for the purpose of using on this blog which did not exist yet and I kept postponing it day after day when 5 min ago I decided to start the blog now and have the first photo from the first day of the year.

These guys are part of the family now (well, let's say the aggressive and curious part). They find us in the living room, on the terrace upstairs, and in the bedrooms, staring inside through the windows, knocking on the glass and pecking into wooden window sills. A couple of times, my mother found one in the bedroom after a door was left open, confronted with the amazing sight of the bird sitting in front of her mirror, staring at itself with admiration. When my mother screamed in surprise, the bird in response starting flying around in the room and scattering its cute little pieces of shit. We have 3 peacocks guarding my parents' house, keeping the family company, following us like our shadow in the garden, pecking our butts when the choose to, and attacking us whenever they feel especially brave or amorous (or both).

1 comment: