Wednesday, January 6, 2010

casablanca

amazing, simply amazing... After coming back to the hotel, I immediately put on my rain jacket and ran outside to go see the old medina. As soon as I walked in through the gate in to the old city, it was as if I was in a world which was very familiar, kind of like the bazaars I'm used to in Turkey such as Kemeralti or Tahtakale, but at second look, it was completely different. The feeling was different. Not only the way people were dressed up, but the looks, the indifference (I'm not used to not being noticed as a foreigner - people didn't seem to notice me until I lifted my camera to take a photo), the stuff they were eating and drinking (snail soup), the shady characters who looked like they were stoned, people simply standing there leaning against the walls as if they were drug dealers (only they didn't care about you when you passed by), old fruit, fish, vegetable sellers...

after 2 hours of walking, I noticed the minaret of the biggest mosque I've ever seen. I walked towards it and came upon Hasan II mosque by the seaside. It was so big, no matter how much I walked away from it, it didn't fit into my frame...

Until, I find some time one of these weekends to set up a photo website, I decided to share the rest of the photos of the day through Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment