Tuesday, July 13, 2010

leaves

The fact that more people used to know different trees by their names in the past tells me how we're becoming more and more disconnected from nature. So I decided to take things into my own hands. My favorite is this poplar leave which is white on one side, so when the wind blows the whole tree changes color between green and white.

Also, I hadn't realized that the fig leave had such a strong smell. It has this chocolate, woodsy, earthy and down to earth smell if you know what I mean. If you don't, don't feel bad about it. You're not the only soul so disconnected from nature. It's also great for costume parties. And most importantly, it's the only leave that I actually know a joke about. So overall, I feel very good about my knowledge on the fig tree.

So here on the spot I just made up this list of things I want to know for as many different leaves as possible:

1. How does it look like?
2. How does it smell?
3. Can I tell a joke about it?
4. Is it big enough to wear to a costume party?

No comments:

Post a Comment