Wednesday, May 5, 2010

desert city

I don't like the feeling of getting used to. Not finding anything worthwhile to photograph is a clear sign to me that I'm getting used to living here. Even though I spend about half of my time traveling and outside Cairo, when I come back, at least my week days have quieted down to a routine. I miss the first coming to a country, discovering its absurdities and similarities I hadn't known. I miss the curiosity. I know if we were surprised, amazed, and impressed by every little detail around us, we'd go crazy, but getting used to is so anti-climatic.

I'm kind of worried that I'm never going to be happy settling down anywhere. I hope that's a misinterpretation. There's nothing like traveling. I think I'm traveling tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment